Man Charged With Having Gun In Carry-On Bag
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - A South Florida man is facing charges after officials reported finding a gun inside his carry-on bag at Palm Beach International Airport.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office reports that 26-year-old Mario Rene Girard Romero was arrested and charged with carrying a concealed firearm Thursday after screeners found an unloaded Sig Sauer P 226, plus a magazine with 10 rounds of 9 mm ammunition. He was released Friday on $4,500 bail.
The gun was reportedly found inside Romero's computer bag, which was stored inside his carry-on luggage.
Romero told officials he forgot to remove the firearm because he was rushing to get to the airport.
Guns are allowed to be transported in checked luggage, as long as they're declared and properly stored. But federal regulations prohibit guns in carry-on bags.
- Deputies: Airport Screeners Find Handgun In Woman's Carry-On Bag
- Suspicious Bag Investigated at Tallahassee Airport
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- Man Faces Charges After Leaving Dogs in Hot Car
- Florida Keys Man Charged with Threating Officials
- Zimmerman Cannot Have His Gun Back
- Bill Allowing School Officials to Carry Concealed Weapons on Campus Moves Forward
- NYC Policeman, 2 Brothers Charged in Gun Case
- FAA Delays Closing of Airport Control Towers
- $1 Million Bail for Jacksonville Airport Suspect