Man Guilty Of Infant's Death
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - A South Florida man has been convicted of killing his girlfriend's infant son.
A Palm Beach County jury found 22-year-old Carlos Rivera guilty Wednesday of first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse. He faces life in prison.
The autopsy photos showed 11-month-old Christiano Belle-Felix had a black eye and burned hand. Medical experts say he died in December 2009 from blunt force trauma he suffered during a time he was left alone with Rivera.
Defense attorneys tried to convince jurors that the boy's mother, Jessica Belle-Chaves, could have been the one responsible for the baby's death. Belle-Chaves testified that she'd lived in virtual captivity for weeks with Rivera, who wouldn't allow her to touch or hold her son in the final days of his life.
- Mother Charged In Infant's Bathtub Drowning
- Man Guilty of Daughter's Starvation Death
- First Human Case of West Nile in Alachua County
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- Man Sentenced to 14 Years for Dog's Death
- Man Gets Life Sentence for Boy's Death
- Man Indicted in Sexual Battery in Girl's Death
- Philly Abortion Doctor Guilty in 3 Babies' Deaths
- Trial set in abuse death of autistic Fla. girl
- Jonathan Peterson Found Guilty of First-Degree Murder