Man Hit Victim With SUV After Family Fight
SPRING HILL, Fla. (AP) - A southwest Florida man is recovering from serious injuries after authorities say a family member purposefully struck him with an SUV following an argument.
Hernando County Sheriff's officials said 28-year-old Phillip Atkins was visiting family members in Spring Hill when he and another male relative got into a fight Friday night. After the fight, authorities said Atkins left and returned a short time later and struck the victim with his Ford Expedition SUV.
Authorities said the victim was taken to the hospital and appears to have serious injuries. The victim has not been identified.
The investigation continues, but no charges have been filed.
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured When SUV Hits Orlando Bus Stop
- Man Dies After Being Hit By Branch In Orlando
- 3 Dead, 8 Injured After Vehicle Hits, Kills Bear
- Man Faces Charges After Leaving Dogs in Hot Car
- Birds Euthanized After Rooster Fight Busted
- Bikers Raise Money for Theater Victim's Family
- Family Of Flesh-Eating Bacteria Victim Wants Warning Signs Posted
- States Fight Discrimination Toward Gay Foster Kids
- Zimmerman Helped 4 Out of Wrecked SUV
- 4 Injured When SUV Rams into Florida Waffle House