Officers Fired for Drinking at Strip Club on Duty
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Two undercover Tampa police officers have been fired after an investigation determined they spent several hours drinking at a strip club while they were on the clock.
Official says say Paul Madsen, a 23-year Tampa police veteran, and Antonio Ortega, a 10-year veteran, were fired Friday after an internal investigation confirmed they spent more than six hours at the Penthouse Club in November.
According to the investigation, the officers began drinking at the club three hours before their shift. But after logging in with a mobile device, they reportedly stayed at the club and continued to order drinks for another four hours.
When a supervisor tracked the officers to the club, he sent both men home. That supervisor and another supervisor were suspended for one day each because they delayed reporting of the officers.
- House Catches Fire Twice in Two Days
- Father Abandons Baby at Strip Club
- 15 Postal Workers Treated After Leaky Package
- Two Putnam County Detectives Fired After Bar Fight
- 2 dead in Apartment Fire
- Police Urge People Not to Fire Guns in Celebration
- 2 Hurt in Fire/Shooting at Jacksonville Motel
- Lightning May Be Cause of Large YMCA Fire
- Man Left Child in Car While in Strip Club
- States Fight Discrimination Toward Gay Foster Kids