Officers Fired for Drinking at Strip Club on Duty
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Two undercover Tampa police officers have been fired after an investigation determined they spent several hours drinking at a strip club while they were on the clock.
Official says say Paul Madsen, a 23-year Tampa police veteran, and Antonio Ortega, a 10-year veteran, were fired Friday after an internal investigation confirmed they spent more than six hours at the Penthouse Club in November.
According to the investigation, the officers began drinking at the club three hours before their shift. But after logging in with a mobile device, they reportedly stayed at the club and continued to order drinks for another four hours.
When a supervisor tracked the officers to the club, he sent both men home. That supervisor and another supervisor were suspended for one day each because they delayed reporting of the officers.
- House Catches Fire Twice in Two Days
- States Fight Discrimination Toward Gay Foster Kids
- Kidnapped Florida Woman Escapes Abductors in Mississippi
- Fatal Bicycle Accident
- Sexual Abuse Survivor, Visits Center for Sex Offenders
- Fatal Crash on South Florida Highway
- Air Force Airwoman Charged in Boyfriend's Murder
- Toddler Leaves Hospital After Lawnmower Accident
- Toddler Dragged Underneath Car
- Heroes Rescue Disabled Vet from Pond