Panhandle Man Sleeping on Tracks Killed by Train
DEFUNIAK SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a man sleeping on railroad tracks in the Florida Panhandle was run over and killed by a train.
DeFuniak Springs police say Rolando Chavix Jocon had been sleeping in the tracks before being struck by a CSX train traveling east early Saturday.
Police tell The News Herald that the 25-year-old DeFuniak Springs man had multiple injuries to his head, hands and legs.
An autopsy will be performed. Authorities say their investigation continues, but no charges are anticipated.
- Man Who Killed Longest Python Gets its Snakeskin
- Panhandle River Drowning Deaths
- Man Gets 25 Years for Killing Woman
- Man Killed During Police Pursuit
- Tampa Man Accused of Abusing, Killing 3-year-old
- 3 Tourists Drown in Rough Surf Across Panhandle
- Panhandle shelter mistakenly euthanizes dog
- Panhandle Boy Dies After Attack By Bulldogs
- Justice Department Finds Issues at Panhandle Jail
- Panhandle Counties Plan To Spend Oil Spill Funds