Panhandle Man Sleeping on Tracks Killed by Train
DEFUNIAK SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a man sleeping on railroad tracks in the Florida Panhandle was run over and killed by a train.
DeFuniak Springs police say Rolando Chavix Jocon had been sleeping in the tracks before being struck by a CSX train traveling east early Saturday.
Police tell The News Herald that the 25-year-old DeFuniak Springs man had multiple injuries to his head, hands and legs.
An autopsy will be performed. Authorities say their investigation continues, but no charges are anticipated.
- Man Who Killed Longest Python Gets its Snakeskin
- Panhandle River Drowning Deaths
- Man Accidentally Electrocuted in Attic
- Man Hit Victim With SUV After Family Fight
- Man Faces Charges After Leaving Dogs in Hot Car
- Florida Keys Man Charged with Threating Officials
- Suicide Bomb Shootings Kill Nine in Northern Iraq
- Rivers Receding in Calgary After Flooding Kills Three
- Man Gets 25 Years for Killing Woman
- Man Killed During Police Pursuit