Ten Month Old Baby Attacked By Pit Bull
HOLIDAY, Fla. (AP) - Animal control officials in the Tampa Bay area have taken custody of a pit bull they say attacked a 10-month old baby.
Sheriff's deputies said the baby's mother was outside her home in Holiday on Friday afternoon chatting with a neighbor when they heard the dog growling inside. When they went into the house, they found the dog biting the baby on the head and shoulder.
The Tampa Bay Times reports the baby was taken to a local hospital. The child's name and condition were not released.
Pasco County Animal Control officials are holding the dog for observation.
- Fla. Consumer Confidence Rises 3 Months Straight
- Florida dad arrested after baby dies in hot car
- Baby Dies of Head Injuries; Man Arrested
- Missing Baby Found Buried in Backyard
- Coast Guard to Help Release Baby Sea Turtles
- Man 94, has Deadly Heart Attack After Carjacking
- Ruling: 2 Dogs Should be Euthanized for Attack
- Panhandle Boy Dies After Attack By Bulldogs
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- Bullied 12-year-old Girl Commits Suicide