Ten Month Old Baby Attacked By Pit Bull
HOLIDAY, Fla. (AP) - Animal control officials in the Tampa Bay area have taken custody of a pit bull they say attacked a 10-month old baby.
Sheriff's deputies said the baby's mother was outside her home in Holiday on Friday afternoon chatting with a neighbor when they heard the dog growling inside. When they went into the house, they found the dog biting the baby on the head and shoulder.
The Tampa Bay Times reports the baby was taken to a local hospital. The child's name and condition were not released.
Pasco County Animal Control officials are holding the dog for observation.
- States Fight Discrimination Toward Gay Foster Kids
- Kidnapped Florida Woman Escapes Abductors in Mississippi
- Fatal Bicycle Accident
- Sexual Abuse Survivor, Visits Center for Sex Offenders
- Fatal Crash on South Florida Highway
- Air Force Airwoman Charged in Boyfriend's Murder
- Toddler Leaves Hospital After Lawnmower Accident
- Toddler Dragged Underneath Car
- Heroes Rescue Disabled Vet from Pond
- Panhandle River Drowning Deaths