Wildlife Officials Ready for License Free Fishing
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Wildlife officials will be on hand at several boat ramps and docks to talk about the license-free fishing days in Florida.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is celebrating a saltwater license-free fishing day on Saturday and a freshwater license-free fishing day June 8. Residents and visitors can cast a line without a license on those days.
Staff will be at the docks and other locations to talk about how to handle fish, use dehooking tools, general boating safety and more.
The FWC also made Sept. 1 a license-free saltwater fishing day, which not only falls on a holiday weekend, but is during the popular bay scallop season.
Each year, the first Saturday in April and second Saturday in June will be license-free freshwater fishing days.
- Florida Keys Man Charged with Threating Officials
- Boater on Fishing Trip Missing in Gulf of Mexico
- Fish and Wildlife Commission Debates Deer Ban
- FWC: Fish Orlando App Shows Maps of Lakes
- States Fight Discrimination Toward Gay Foster Kids
- Kidnapped Florida Woman Escapes Abductors in Mississippi
- Fatal Bicycle Accident
- Sexual Abuse Survivor, Visits Center for Sex Offenders
- Fatal Crash on South Florida Highway
- Air Force Airwoman Charged in Boyfriend's Murder