15 Postal Workers Treated After Leaky Package
TAMPA, Fla. - Fifteen United States Postal Service employees in Tampa have been taken to a hospital after a package leaking a chemical substance was discovered.
Tampa Fire Rescue officials say the package was discovered Monday morning at the Ybor City Post Office.
It's unclear what kind of chemical leaked from the package. A hazardous materials team is investigating.
Officials say there was one person who touched the package then complained of mild irritation. Fourteen other postal workers also said they experienced some minor symptoms and everyone was taken to Tampa General Hospital.
- Construction Worker Dies After Lightning Strike
- Toddler Leaves Hospital After Lawnmower Accident
- State Dept: Posts in 19 Cities to Remain Closed
- Postal Service Will Keep Rural Post Offices Open
- Three Still in Hospital After Atlanta Shuttle Crash
- Driver Hospitalized After Crash in Levy County
- Family Of Flesh-Eating Bacteria Victim Wants Warning Signs Posted
- Fla. Workers Compensation Rate Could Go Up Again
- House Reduces Planned Raise to State Workers
- Golf Course Worker Turns In $36,000