Man Accused Of Giving Abortion Drug Out On Bail
Published July 6th, 2013
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The Tampa man accused of tricking his pregnant ex-girlfriend into taking an abortion pill has been released on bail.
The Tampa Bay Times reports that 28-year-old John Welden left jail Friday.
A federal judge ruled last week that Welden could post bail if he stayed in his parents' Odessa house under surveillance. His parents were required to sign a $250,000 bond secured by their house. They also will pay for the two required security officers.
Welden's father is a prominent fertility doctor. Prosecutors say Welden forged his father's signature to obtain the abortion drug Cytotec, relabeled it as an antibiotic and tricked his former girlfriend into taking it. She miscarried in March.
Welden is charged with killing an unborn child and tampering with a consumer product. He faces a possible life sentence.
- Man Accused of Giving Abortion Drug to Take Plea
- $1M Bail for Man Accused of Putting Baby in Freezer
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- St. Petersburg Man Sentenced for Firearms, Drugs
- Fla. Man Accused Of Forcing Wis. Teen To Be Prostitute
- Man Accused of Cutting Up Dog for Food
- Man accused of neglect after leaving boy alone
- Fla. Man Accused of Abuse After Young Son Found Dead
- $1 Million Bail for Jacksonville Airport Suspect
- Tampa Man Accused of Abusing, Killing 3-year-old