Toddler Gets Prosthetic Legs
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Tampa Bay area toddler whose feet were amputated after her father accidentally backed over her with a riding lawnmower has been cleared to walk freely on her prosthetics.
Ireland Nugent was fitted with a pair of prosthetic legs in Orlando last month, but doctors initially advised the girl's parents that she couldn't use the legs for more than an hour at a time. The Tampa Bay Times (http://goo.gl/X3INI ) reports that the girl's doctor told her mother Friday morning that she can now use the prosthetic legs any time.
The 2-year-old's father was driving a riding mower up the driveway of their Palm Harbor home in April when Ireland ran out from a backyard enclosure and got behind him. Her mother motioned for him to stop, but he misinterpreted her signals and backed the mower up, running over the toddler.
- Girl Who Lost Feet In Lawnmower Gets Prosthetics
- Fla. Toddler Injured After Falling from ATV
- Divers Find Body of Toddler in River
- Toddler Fatally Struck by Out-of-control Truck
- Toddlers Found in Pool, in Critical Condition
- Teen Pleads Guilty to Sexually Assaulting and Killing Jacksonville Toddler
- Toddler Leaves Hospital After Lawnmower Accident
- Toddler Dragged Underneath Car
- Toddler Left in Vehicle Dies; S. Fla. Mom Arrested
- Pensacola Toddler Found Dead in Car