13 ft. Gator Caught in Escambia County
ESCAMBIA COUNTY, FL - A group of hunters in Escambia county made quite the find, a 13 ft. alligator.
It took the group of 3 men just about 4 hours to subdue the 645 pound gator. The reptile was in the Perdido River. The hunter said the massive gator put up quite the struggle.
The men have some experience catching gators. One of the members of the group has caught 11 ft. alligators before, but he said this is definitely his biggest catch.
Alligator hunting season runs from August 15th to November 1st. According to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission only 5 to 10 gators caught during a season are over 13 ft.
- Another Case Of Meningitis Confirmed In Florida
- Marion County Scammers Caught
- Two Escaped Inmates Caught
- 2 Dead After Caught In Rip Currents In Ormond Beach
- Detectives Call Ft. McCoy Human Remains Discovery a "Suspicious" Death Investgation
- Man arrested after police involved-crash
- Marion Co. Strong Arm Robbery Suspect Caught
- Murder suspects in killing of Gainesville man caught in Alachua County
- Two Separate Gator Attacks in Osceola and Hillsborough County
- Trailer Caught on Fire