There are multiple victims in a shooting in the town of Bell. We have confirmed there are deaths.
6 Gang Members Charged in Racketeering, Corruption
Published August 3rd, 2013
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A criminal gang that was terrorizing a Jacksonville community has been dismantled.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office and the State Attorney's Office announced on Friday the indictment and sentencing of six members of the Grand Park Gang on Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations charges, also known as RICO.
Sheriff John Rutherford said the gang "was terrorizing an entire community." The arrests were made after an 18-month investigation. More than a dozen firearms were confiscated.
The members of the gang face 77 felonies and 65 misdemeanors that include violating racketeering laws, dealing in stolen property and drug charges.
This case marks the second major RICO case for the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Reads Charge to Jurors
- 'Hiccup Girl' on Trial on Murder Charge in Florida
- Florida GOP Congressman Pleads Guilty to Cocaine Charge
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- Son Faces Neglect Charges After Mother Found Dead
- No Charges Filed Against Bus Driver in Teen Fight
- American Airlines Pilot Faces Child Porn Charges
- Lakeland Police officer arrested on 3 charges
- Hazing Suspects Plead Not Guilty To New Charges
- Air Force Airwoman Charged in Boyfriend's Murder