George Zimmerman's Wife Accepts Plea Deal
Shellie Zimmerman, George Zimmerman's wife, accepted a plea deal to avoid jail time.
The 26-year-old pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor perjury charge for lying during a bail hearing after her husband's arrest.
She had lied about the couple's assets.
She's been sentenced to a year's probation and 100 hours of community service.
If she hadn't accepted the deal, she would have faced up to five years in prison, a fine, and five years in probation.
- George Zimmerman's Wife Says He is 'Selfish'
- George Zimmerman's Girlfriend Not Pressing Charges
- Zimmerman's Attorney Wants Jury Pool Sequestered
- Woman Accepts Plea Deal For Dog Attack
- Kenneth James Accepts Plea Deal in Sexual Assault Case
- Gainesville Mayor Craig Lowe Accepts Plea Deal and His DUI Case Will Not Go To Trial
- Lebron's Mother Gets Plea Deal in Valet Altercation
- Zimmerman's Lawyers Withdraw from Shooting Case
- Zimmerman's Website Disabled
- Evidence Mixed for Zimmerman's Self-defense Claim