Man Calls 911 To Keep Girlfriend From Leaving
Published August 4th, 2013
TAVERNIER, Fla. (AP) - A Florida Keys man says he called in a false kidnapping report to keep his girlfriend from leaving.
Mathew Corp was arrested Saturday and charged with misuse of 911 and resisting arrest. Jail records show the 35-year-old from Tavernier is being held in the Monroe County jail without bond.
Corp told 911 dispatchers that two men driving a U-Haul kidnapped his wife. A notice to be on the lookout for the car was issued over police radios. A woman at Corp's apartment told the responding deputy that she was his "now ex-girlfriend" and that she was moving out.
A sheriff's office statement says Corp was intoxicated, yelling at the deputy and the woman during his arrest. Corp said he called in the false report to keep his girlfriend from leaving.
- Zimmerman Trial: 911 Call & Language In Court
- Florida Man Gets Life For Strangling Girlfriend
- Bradenton Man Shot By Police After Holding Girlfriend Hostage
- Bill Aims To Keep Guns Away From Mentally Ill
- Bill Aims to Keep Guns Away from Mentally Ill
- Man Dies After Calling To Report Being Shot
- Man accused of neglect after leaving boy alone
- Man Faces Charges After Leaving Dogs in Hot Car
- Florida Man Hoisted to Safety From Dense Swamp
- FBI: Three Friends Tried to Keep Bombing Suspect from Getting Arrested