Caretaker Overdoses Patient, Charged with Murder
SEFFNER, Fla. (AP) - The caretaker and boyfriend of a quadriplegic woman has been charged in connection with her death.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says deputies responded to a 911 call in Seffner in January and discovered Mary Baker lying on her back.
She was pronounced dead shortly after their arrival.
Authorities interviewed Timothy Harrison of Tampa at the scene. He told them he responsible for taking care of Baker and dispensing her medication.
Investigators say toxicology tests indicate Baker had extremely high levels of the drugs Fluoxetine and Bupropion in her system and that she died from prescription medication toxicity.
Deputies announced Friday Harrison is being charged with felony murder and aggravated abuse of a disabled adult. They say he intentionally gave his girlfriend lethal amounts of the prescription drugs.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dad of Ohio Cancer Patient, 4, Denies Disney Trip
- 'Hiccup Girl' on Trial on Murder Charge in Florida
- Second-Degree Murder Charge in Trayvon Martin Case
- Man Charged in Ocklawaha Murder
- Zimmerman Trial Day 7: State Tries to Prove Key Elements of Second Degree Murder Charge
- Pedro Bravo Charged with the Murder of Missing UF Student Christian Aguilar
- Woman Doesn't Fear Murder Charge In Florida Case
- Boy Charged With Murder
- Air Force Airwoman Charged in Boyfriend's Murder
- Man Shoots at Deputies, Charged with Attempted Murder