Man Dies After Calling To Report Being Shot
Published September 22nd, 2013
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) - Deputies in Lee County are investigating a shooting that left one man dead and a woman injured.
The sheriff's office received a call Sunday about 3:40 a.m. from a man who said he had been shot and wanted to meet deputies to get medical attention. He was driving a pickup truck as he made the call.
Deputies responded to the area and found his vehicle crashed into the McGregor Woods community. He died en route to the hospital.
Meanwhile, deputies received a second call about shots fired in Fort Myers' Harlem Heights community. A female victim was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital in stable condition.
Both shooting victims are believed to have been shot at the same location.
Authorities ask anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS.
- Bradenton Man Shot By Police After Holding Girlfriend Hostage
- Man Dies After Being Hit By Branch In Orlando
- Man Calls 911 To Keep Girlfriend From Leaving
- Florida dad arrested after baby dies in hot car
- Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station
- Construction Worker Dies After Lightning Strike
- Panther Dies After Colliding with Car
- Suit: Patriots' Hernandez Shot Man in Face in Florida
- FBI: Orlando Man Fatally Shot in Boston Bombing Probe
- Panhandle Boy Dies After Attack By Bulldogs