Toddler Dies After Falling Out of Motel Window
HIALEAH, Fla. (AP) - A toddler who fell through the window of a second-story motel room in Hialeah has died.
The Miami Herald reports Luis Enrique Rodriquez Jr. was taken off life support at Jackson Memorial Hospital on Thursday.
Tests conducted earlier in the week confirmed he was brain dead. Hospital staff had kept him on life support to harvest his organs for donation.
The child was going to turn 2 in October and fell through a window at the El Paraiso Motel just before midnight on Sept. 13.
Hialeah police charged the boy's parents with suspected child abuse after discovering alcoholic beverages and traces of cocaine in the family's room. The parents denied the drugs belonged to them.
Police spokesman Carl Zogby says the death appears to have been accidental.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fla. Toddler Injured After Falling from ATV
- Man Dies after Jump from Window
- Woman Dies After Fall From Fishing Boat
- Toddler Left in Vehicle Dies; S. Fla. Mom Arrested
- Toddler Fatally Struck by Out-of-control Truck
- Toddler Leaves Hospital After Lawnmower Accident
- Fla. Man Charged After Toddler Son Shot Dead
- Teen Dies After 50-Foot Fall While Working For Tree Service
- Gainesville Woman Arrested After Beating Up Mother & Cutting Nephew With Broken Window
- Man Dies Falling from Balcony