Boy Who Made Possible Bomb Threat Detained
CRESTVIEW, Fla. (AP) - A Florida Panhandle boy was detained after authorities say he may have been planning to bring a bomb to school.
The Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office reports that Crestview High School was evacuated and searched Friday morning, but no bomb was found.
Officials say the boy was taken into custody for a mental health evaluation after expressing suicidal thoughts.
Northwest Florida Daily News reports that authorities were not identifying the boy.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arrest Made in Bomb Threat at Gainesville High School
- Bomb Threat at Orlando International Airport
- Bus Bomb Threat
- Threat Made to Gainesville High School
- Threats Made To UF's Campus Through Twitter
- Boaters Detained
- SFCC Bomb Threat Information
- Eight Students Expelled for Bomb Threats
- School Bomb Threat
- Bomb Threat