Boy Who Made Possible Bomb Threat Detained
CRESTVIEW, Fla. (AP) - A Florida Panhandle boy was detained after authorities say he may have been planning to bring a bomb to school.
The Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office reports that Crestview High School was evacuated and searched Friday morning, but no bomb was found.
Officials say the boy was taken into custody for a mental health evaluation after expressing suicidal thoughts.
Northwest Florida Daily News reports that authorities were not identifying the boy.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arrest Made in Bomb Threat at Gainesville High School
- Bus Bomb Threat
- Bomb Threat at Orlando International Airport
- Threat Made to Gainesville High School
- Boaters Detained
- Ocala Home Hit by Home-Made Acid Bomb
- New GPD Building Dedicated to Officers Who Made A Difference
- Bomb Threat Clears Plaza Royale
- Bomb Threat at Orange and Blue Game
- Bomb Threat at Gainesville High School