Car Crashes into House, Injuring Three
NORTH LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Three people were treated for minor injuries after a car plowed into a South Florida home.
The Broward Sheriff's Office reports 76-year-old Gloria Icilda Dorman Lee of Coral Springs crashed into a North Lauderdale home Friday afternoon.
Lee told deputies she swerved to avoid an oncoming vehicle and that her brakes failed. She said she then overcorrected and drove her Toyota Camry into the back of the house.
Tania Blake was in the home with her three children at the time of the crash.
Blake and her daughter were taken to University Hospital along with the driver of the vehicle. All three were treated and have been released.
Lee was cited for driving with a suspended license and failing to provide proof of insurance.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three Injured in Archer Road Car Crash
- Gainesville crash kills one, injures three
- Sheriff's Deputy One of Two Victims Injured in Series of Car Crashes
- Single Car Crash In Levy County Kills Child, Injures 5 Others
- Deputies: Three Stage Car Crash, Try To Claim Insurance Money
- Car Crashes Into House For Third Time
- 4 Injured When SUV Rams into Florida Waffle House
- 2 killed, 6 Injured in Interstate 75 Crash
- 2 Dead, 6 Injured in 6-vehicle Panhandle Crash
- Church Van Crash Kills 1, Injures More than a Dozen