Family Members Arrested for Father's Death
BAYOU GEORGE, Fla. (AP) - Three family members are behind bars in the Florida Panhandle after authorities say they killed their 70-year-old father while he slept.
Lottie Moore reported her husband missing in early September. On Friday, investigators announced a break in the case, saying they had arrested Moore, 33-year-old David Clanton and 26-year-old Mary Clanton on murder charges. The three lived with the victim and said he wandered off after an argument.
Bay County Sheriff's officials said the trio had a relatively sophisticated plan to fool authorities, including fabricating alibis. Capt. Jimmy Stanford said they even appeared in surveillance video footage and made phone calls to corroborate their alibis.
The News Herald reports one of the suspects led them to Arthur Moore's shallow grave deep in the woods.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Father Shoots Teenage Son During an Argument on Father's Day
- Child Run Over By Father's Truck and Dies
- Family members arrested following drug bust in Lawtey
- Diver's father wants cave closed after deaths
- Father enters no contest plea in toddler's death in hot car
- Spending Father's Day Protecting Their Country
- A Father's Day Surprise
- Soldier Returns in Time for Father's Day
- Kanapaha Botanical Garden On Father's Day
- High Springs Father's Day Blues Celebration