Murderer Set to be Executed
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - The day Angie Crowley's family has waited more than two decades for is now about here - her murderer is set to be executed.
William Happ is scheduled to die by lethal injection Tuesday, more than 27 years after he kidnapped, raped and killed Crowley.
Crowley had recently moved to Florida from Oregon, Ill. The 21-year-old woman was driving from Fort Lauderdale to Yankeetown for Memorial Day weekend in 1986.
She planned to stop at a convenience store in Crystal River to call her friend so she could be guided the last few miles of the trip.
She found the store, but never made it to the pay phone. Happ was also in the parking lot.
Friends and family remember Crowley as a smart, beautiful woman with a magnetic personality.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Child Killer Set to Be Executed
- Carroll Set For Execution
- Convicted Killer Set for Execution at Starke
- Paul Howell Set to be Executed
- Chavez's execution date set
- Florida Man Set To Be Executed
- Van Poyck Executed for Murder of South Florida Corrections Officer
- Mass Murderer Executed After SCOTUS Rejects Schizophrenia Appeal
- Convicted Murderer Marshall Lee Gore Executed
- William Happ Executed for 1986 Murder, Issues Apology to Victim's Family