Teacher Arrested for Sending Pictures to Student
KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida teacher is behind bars after police say he sent racy photos of himself to a 16-year-old student.
Osceola County Jail records show 34-year-old Wayne Anthony Brown is being held on $5,000 bond on a charge of distribution of obscene material to a minor.
Kissimmee police say the investigation began in September when Brown's wife told another employee at Mavericks High School that he had received explicit photos from a 16-year-old student. Detectives interviewed Brown, who denied receiving photos from the student.
A police statement says the student told detectives that her relationship with Brown had become "increasingly more intimate." The two sent explicit photos to each other, but she said that the relationship had not become physical.
Brown turned himself in to police on Friday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two Felons Arrested Thanks to Facebook Picture
- Doctors Send Pictures Back from Haiti
- GHS Teacher Arrested For Alleged Sexual Relationship With Student
- NOAA Program Sends Lake Butler Teacher to Alaska
- 5 Students Arrested for Selling Guns at School
- Student Sends Pancakes to Haiti
- East Side Student Assistance hopes to send four kids to college
- Congress sends payroll tax cut bill to Obama
- Horizon Students Have Bright Futures With Help From Dedicated Teacher
- Teacher Threatens Student