Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Advisory of Strong Rip Currents This Weekend
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - State officials say there's an elevated risk of rip currents along Florida's entire Atlantic coast.
According to the Florida Division of Emergency Management, there's a moderate to high risk of rip currents through Sunday from Nassau County south through Miami-Dade County.
Director Bryan Koon says persistent onshore winds and high waves are contributing to the rip currents. Beachgoers should be aware that red flags on beaches indicate dangerous swimming conditions.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 Dead After Caught In Rip Currents In Ormond Beach
- Deadly Rip Currents Likely
- Rip Currents Hitting Gulf
- Strong Storms Sweep Through Marion County Causing Damage
- Health Advisories due to the Smoke
- Boil Water Advisory For Starke
- CHOICES Advisory Board Holds Special Meeting
- Veterans Advisory Board Members Question County's Priorities
- Breaking News: Current & Former Gators Arrested
- Don't Get Ripped Off on Championship Apparel