Man Accused of Armed Robbery Released
NAPLES, Fla. (AP) - A Florida man who had been accused of armed robbery is free after a key witness recanted her story.
The Naples Daily News reports that Jarryd Webb was released from the Collier County jail last week. The 26-year-old East Naples man had been accused of robbing a group of siblings at gunpoint in February.
Webb maintained his innocence, saying that he had sold drugs to the group but not robbed them. Unable to post bail, Webb spent months behind bars awaiting trial. The witness who identified Webb as the robber later recanted her story.
Last week, prosecutors said they dropped all charges due to insufficient evidence.
Webb's defense attorney, Giovana Upson, said she "knew the truth would eventually come out."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Accused of Armed Robbery At Lake City Gas Station
- Therapist Accused of Setting Up Armed Robbery
- One man still on the run after armed robbery on UF's campus
- Marion County Sheriff's Deputies arrest man involved in armed robberies
- Man Accused of Identity Theft Released from Jail, Says He's a Victim
- Woman Accused of Cental Florida Walmart Robbery Found in Georgia
- Man Gets Life Sentence For Fatal Robbery
- Man Guilty In Fatal Robbery
- Armed Robbery Suspect Caught
- Marion Co. Strong Arm Robbery Suspect Caught