Man Awaiting Trial For Killing His Family Involved in Jail Fight
NAPLES, Fla. (AP) - A southwest Florida man awaiting trial for the deaths of his wife and five children has been treated for injuries following a fight in jail.
According to Collier County Sheriff's Office reports, Mesac Damas was accused by fellow inmates of attacking them Oct. 9 in their housing area at the Naples Jail Center.
Camera footage shows Damas punching two inmates. Three other inmates also were involved in the altercation. All but one were taken for medical evaluations.
The Naples Daily News reports that Damas told authorities that he was trying to break up a fight between two other inmates. Disciplinary reports were filed against Damas and two other inmates.
Damas is charged with first-degree murder in the 2009 deaths of his wife and their five young children.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family of Inglis Man Killed After Jumping From Moving Car Remembers His Life
- North Florida Man in Jail After Riding His Horse While Drunk
- Fire Kills Man and His Two Sons Near Tallahassee
- Man Hit Victim With SUV After Family Fight
- Family of Man Run Over and Killed by Police Seek Justice
- Belleview Man Kills His Girlfriend, Shoots His Daughter
- Man Killed in Officer Involved Shooting
- Beaten Elderly Man's Family Speaks About His Recovery
- Marion Co. Man Reported Missing, Family Fears for His Safety
- Ocala Man Denies Killing His Girlfriend