Two Cyclists Killed in Two Separate Crashes
RUSKIN, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in the Tampa Bay area say two bicyclists are dead in separate vehicle crashes.
In the first incident, troopers say 47-year-old Anthony Steven Del Favero rode his bicycle into the path of a Honda Civic Friday at about 6:30 p.m.
Del Favero was transported to Tampa General Hospital where he died. No charges have been filed.
In the second crash, Hillsborough deputies say 56-year-old Antonio Leon was struck by a vehicle from behind as he rode his bike Friday at 7 p.m. in Ruskin.
Investigators say the driver fled. The vehicle is believed to be a green 2003 to 2005 Saturn Ion with front end damage. The car may also have blue or silver paint from Leon's bike.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 800-873-8477.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Plane Crash Kills Two
- Two People Killed In Miami-Dade Helicopter Crash
- Two Killed In Southwest Florida Crash
- Crash Kills Two Fathers and Two Teens in Dixie County
- Two Children Dead in Separate Cases
- Two Separate Robbery Shootings, With Too Many Similarities
- Tragic Irony, Cyclist Killed While Riding for Bicycle Awareness
- Levy County Plane Crash Kills Two
- Citra Crash Kills Two
- Plane Crash Kills Two Men, NTSB Called in to Investigate