Disney Park Evacuation was "Precautionary"
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a prank phone call led to the temporary closure and evacuation of a Walt Disney World attraction.
Orange County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Jane Watrel says the evacuation Saturday night at Tomorrowland was precautionary.
The closure lasted about two hours. Officials said the areas reopened before the park closed for the night.
Additional information about the call that prompted the evacuation was not immediately available. Watrel says the investigation continues.
A Disney spokeswoman referred questions Sunday about the evacuation to the sheriff's office.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man accused of groping 6 people at Disney water park
- Local 'Miracle Child' visits Washington, Disney World as CMN Champion
- Deputies: Gator drags toddler into water near Disney resort
- Sheriff: Searchers recovered body of 2-year-old boy killed by an alligator at Walt Disney World
- Fantasyland Opens At Walt Disney World
- Boy, 4, Nearly Drowns On Disney Cruise Ship
- Disney World Patron Finds Gun On Ride
- Disney Shutters Childhood Obesity Exhibit
- Disney Offers Free Wi-Fi at Magic Kingdom
- Woman Killed in Bus Crash Identified as Disney Employee