Man Died After Boat Capsized
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - A Louisiana man died after a 12-foot boat capsized in the waters off Pensacola.
The Coast Guard and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission say Brent Wilson of Pensacola and Brent Keller of Metairie, La., floated for hours after waves inundated their boat Thursday.
Lt. Doug Berryman of the wildlife commission tells the Pensacola News Journal that both men put on life jackets. However, no other boats were in the area and they had no flares or radio equipment.
Berryman says that after about eight hours in the water, Keller removed his life jacket. He says Wilson tried to hold onto Keller for about an hour, but Keller eventually sank.
Wilson managed to swim to shore early Friday. Keller's body was found near Fort Pickens National Seashore.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman Dies After Fall From Fishing Boat
- 1 Dies When Canoe Capsizes in Orlando Lake
- Young girl dies after boating accident
- Chicago Bears Fan Dies After Man Cuts His Throat
- Man Dies After Being Hit By Branch In Orlando
- Man Dies After Calling To Report Being Shot
- Man Dies After Participating in Unusual Eating Contest
- Man dies after being struck by train in Pensacola
- Miami Woman Dies In Boat Accident
- 103 Bodies Found After India Ferry Capsizes