Man Left Child in Car While in Strip Club
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) - A Florida man is facing child neglect charges after allegedly leaving an infant in a locked car outside a Fort Myers strip club.
Police arrested 21-year-old Andrew Sosa after they found the infant in the back seat of a Kia Optima in the parking lot of the Lookers strip club. A bystander had flagged down an officer, who smashed a window to get the child out.
NBC2 in Fort Meyers reports that the four-month old girl was sweating and covered in vomit. She was taken to a local children's hospital and treated for mild dehydration and is expected to recover.
Police say the infant was left alone for more than three hours while Sosa was inside the strip club. A judge set the suspect's bond on Saturday at $100,000.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Officers Fired for Drinking at Strip Club on Duty
- Father Abandons Baby at Strip Club
- Baby Left in Car While Mother was in a Bar
- Florida One Of 10 States To Receive Waiver From No Child Left Behind
- Man Kills Mother Of His Daughter, While She's Pregnant With Her Next Child
- Boy Dies In Car While Parents At Funeral
- 2 Men Struck by Cars While Lying on Road
- Man Robs Store While Filling Out Job Application
- Tampa Man Fatally Shot While On Phone With 911
- Man Struck by Truck While Crossing the Street and Carrying His Dog