Teenager Arrested After Stealing Car with Baby Inside
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A 17-year-old faces kidnapping and carjacking charges after authorities say he stole a car with a baby inside.
Daytona Beach police said their detectives spotted two stolen vehicles driving together on Friday. One had recently been stolen from a car dealership. The car stopped at a gas station where three men jumped out and took off.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports the suspect ran through Bethune-Cookman University's campus and came upon a woman sitting in a car with her 1-month-old.
Police Chief Mike Chitwood said the suspect forced the woman to get out and wouldn't let her take her baby with her. Officers chased the suspect until he crashed into a parked dump truck.
The baby was not injured.
Authorities are still searching for the other two suspects.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Florida dad arrested after baby dies in hot car
- Mom Arrested After "Joke" Pic of Baby Found
- Two teenagers in critical condition after a car accident in Marion County
- Teenage Mother Arrested After Child Found Alone By Dumpster
- Dixie County Car Dealership May Shut Down After Former Employee Steals Thousands
- 2 Bodies Found Inside Burned-out Car
- Deputies: Man Arrested After Stealing Oxycontin Pills At Gainesville Pharmacy
- Man Arrested After Trying To Steal Boots Twice
- Man Steals Car with Toddler in the Back Seat
- Baby Dies of Head Injuries; Man Arrested