Authorities Arrest Six in South Florida Crime Ring
BRADENTON, Fla. - Local and federal investigators say they have wiped out a crime ring responsible for at least nine homicides and dozens of other crimes in Manatee County and surrounding areas.
Reports say that six people have been charged as part of a wide-ranging conspiracy of crimes that include homicides, drug trafficking, kidnapping and robberies in Bradenton, Manatee and Sarasota counties.
U.S. Attorney Lee Bentley announced the indictments from Operation Maximum Response during a news conference at the Manatee County Sheriff's Office on Thursday.
The 28-count indictment charges the suspects with crimes including conspiracy, firearms charges in connection with slayings, robberies, kidnapping as well as drug trafficking in heroin, cocaine, crack cocaine, marijuana, oxycodone and MDMA, also known as ecstasy.
Indictment charges date as far back as 2006.
- Woman Arrested After Scamming South Florida Students
- Three Men Arrested for Inhumanely Slaughtering Animals in South Florida
- FBI Arrests Two South Florida Mayors
- More Arrested in Florida Hate Crime, Conspiracy Case
- Authorities Investigate South Fla. Day Care Death
- 10 arrested in retail theft ring bust
- Broward arrests 8 for racketeering in gambling ring
- Van Poyck Executed for Murder of South Florida Corrections Officer
- Man is Arrested, Accused of Committing Sex Crimes for 11 Years
- Arrests in Dixie County Crime Spree