Coast Guard searches for boater after collision
MIAMI - Coast Guard officials are searching for a missing boater after two vessels collided in the waters off South Florida.
Authorities were alerted early Saturday after a boater reported his 36-foot pleasure craft had been hit by another boat and was taking on water. Several people were in the water with injuries.
The man said the boat that struck him did not stop after the crash.
Rescuers responded to the scene and transferred eight people to shore. They were taken to two Miami hospitals with several injuries.
Commercial salvage crews found the second vessel believed to be involved in the crash.
The Coast Guard reports two unconscious females were found aboard. Officials are still searching for a third person believed to have been on board and any other possible passengers.
- Coast Guard Searches for 3 Missing Boaters in the Gulf
- Coast Guard Searches for Nine Fishermen Off The Coast of Haiti
- $20 Million in Cocaine Confiscated by Coast Guard
- Coast Guard Repatriates 7 Cuban Migrants
- Coast Guard to Help Release Baby Sea Turtles
- Coast Guard Sending Help to Vessel off of Puerto Rico
- Family with Five Children Rescued by Coast Guard
- Coast Guard Crew Rescues Men Stranded at Sea for Eight Days
- Coast Guard Rescues Farmer at Sea
- Coast Guard Testing Shoreline Protection Strategies