Coast Guard searches for boater after collision
MIAMI - Coast Guard officials are searching for a missing boater after two vessels collided in the waters off South Florida.
Authorities were alerted early Saturday after a boater reported his 36-foot pleasure craft had been hit by another boat and was taking on water. Several people were in the water with injuries.
The man said the boat that struck him did not stop after the crash.
Rescuers responded to the scene and transferred eight people to shore. They were taken to two Miami hospitals with several injuries.
Commercial salvage crews found the second vessel believed to be involved in the crash.
The Coast Guard reports two unconscious females were found aboard. Officials are still searching for a third person believed to have been on board and any other possible passengers.
- Coast Guard Searches for 3 Missing Boaters in the Gulf
- U.S. Coast Guard searching for missing boater near Cedar Key
- Coast Guard looking for 4 missing boaters off Key West
- Coast Guard rescues 4 boaters who went missing off Key West
- Coast Guard searches for missing Florida family in Gulf
- Coast Guard Searches for Nine Fishermen Off The Coast of Haiti
- When does the Coast Guard call off a search effort?
- $20 Million in Cocaine Confiscated by Coast Guard
- Coast Guard Repatriates 7 Cuban Migrants
- Coast Guard to Help Release Baby Sea Turtles