Homeless woman dies after spending night pinned under car
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Authorities say a homeless woman was pinned under a car and later died after falling asleep under a carport at a Tampa Bay area condo complex.
St. Petersburg police say 55-year-old Henrietta Regina Dickson fell asleep or passed out in the parking space sometime Tuesday night. When the woman assigned to the spot eventually pulled in, she felt a bump, but didn't realize Dickson was under the car. The driver later told police she only saw Dickson's bag and assumed that was what she had run over.
A passerby saw Dickson's hand Wednesday morning and called police. She was pronounced dead a short time later.
No charges have been filed against the driver.
- Woman Dies After Being Hit By A Car On Archer Road
- Florida dad arrested after baby dies in hot car
- Panther Dies After Colliding with Car
- Woman Dies After Fall From Fishing Boat
- Georgia woman dies after lightning strikes at Daytona beach
- Muhammad Executed After Spending Nearly Four Decades On Death Row
- Teen Spends 35 Days in Jail After Mistaken Arrest
- Tallahassee Woman Found Dead, Husband Under Supervision
- Self-driving car driver died after crash in Williston, a first
- Ocala Toddler On Tricycle Dies After Being Backed Over By Car