Man arrested after decayed bodies of dogs found
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Jacksonville man has been charged with animal cruelty after authorities say they found three dead and decayed dogs on his property.
Police say officers smelled decaying animals when they arrived at 50-year-old Anthony Porch's house.
Investigators found the dogs' bodies, one with its jaw ripped apart, and another's under the porch.
Reports say that Porch says he chose not to break up a fight between the dogs and didn't take them to a veterinarian because they belonged to his ex-wife, and he couldn't afford it.
Porch faces three charges of animal cruelty and three counts of improper disposal of an animal.
- Man Found Dead After His Ex-Wife's Body was Discovered
- Man Charged With Murder After Another Man, Dog Found Stabbed to Death
- Georgia Man Charged After 10 Dead Dogs Found in Home
- Missing Coconut Creek Man's Body Found 9 Years Later
- Body Found Of Man Who Fell From Plane
- Man Arrested After Underage Grandkids Found With Alcohol
- Man Faces Charges After Leaving Dogs in Hot Car
- Mom Arrested After "Joke" Pic of Baby Found
- Fla. Man Accused of Abuse After Young Son Found Dead
- Suwannee Man Arrested After Allegedly Killing Two Men