Preganant Woman Accidentally Shot Dead
TAMPA, Fla. - A five-month pregnant woman died after she was shot in the head in what Hernando County authorities say was an accidental shooting.
The woman was shot Saturday evening while visiting friends. She was quickly transported to a nearby hospital and then airlifted to Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, where doctors removed the woman's baby from her womb, but he did not survive either.
The Citrus County woman and her husband were admiring the gun collection of their friends in Brooksville when a .22 caliber revolver discharged and hit the wife in the head.
Deputies and fire rescue were immediately dispatched and Hoover was transported to Bayfront Health Brooksville by Hernando County Fire/Rescue then airlifted to Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point.
Deputies are continuing to investigate the incident.
- ACSO Lieutenant Under Investigation After He Accidentally Shot His Gun at the Courthouse
- Tragedy in Bronson: 2yr old Accidentally Shot by 11 yr old Brother
- Davisville Store Owner Shot Dead
- Fla. Man Charged After Toddler Son Shot Dead
- Five Shot and Three Dead in Lake Butler Shooting Spree
- Elderly Woman Shot by Gunman in Her Home
- Tallahassee Woman Found Dead, Husband Under Supervision
- 2 Florida Children Accidentally Run Over by Mowers
- Man Accidentally Electrocuted in Attic
- Two Children Accidentally Run Over by Mowers