Body of 62-year-old man washes ashore
Published August 10th, 2014
FORT PICKENS, Fla. - Authorities say the body of a missing 62-year-old fisherman has washed ashore near Fort Pickens.
Reports state the body of Todd W. Wooley Sr. was found by a passer-by Friday night. Florida Fish and Wildlife Official Lt. Doug Berryman says Wooley was still wearing his gear and his fishing line was still in the water. It's unclear how he fell from his boat. The boat washed ashore near Panama City on Saturday.
Wooley's wife reported him missing to federal wildlife officials when he failed to return from a fishing trip Friday night.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating. A cause of death has not yet been determined.
- Sheriff: Searchers recovered body of 2-year-old boy killed by an alligator at Walt Disney World
- 67-Year-Old Man Found Dead In Laundry Room
- Tampa Man Accused of Abusing, Killing 3-year-old
- Humpback Whale Carcass Washes Ashore
- 15-Year-Old Student Stabbed By 11-Year-Old
- Six Bodies Found in Lake Reopening 40-year-old Cold Cases
- Body of 4-Year-Old Found
- 21-Year-Old Man Drowns At Popular Dixie County Swimming Spot
- 106-year-old Williston Man Votes
- 104-year-old Man Celebrates Birthday