Florida earns $1.3 million from unclaimed property
Published August 17th, 2014
ORLANDO, Fla. - The state of Florida has earned $1.3 million from an auction of unclaimed property.
State officials said last week that the money will be used for public school funding.
The biggest-ticket item sold last weekend at the auction in Orlando was a $24,000 Cartier platinum and diamond watch.
More than 60,000 items were up for auction. The items were abandoned in safe deposit boxes which nobody claimed.
- Unclaimed Property
- GRU sells property for $1.6 million
- Florida Lotto Raises Millions for Education
- Florida Board of Governors Issue $20 Million in Funding
- Florida Set to Get Millions in Grants to Help Homeless
- Florida's Prison Chief Inherits Million Dollar Debt
- Nearly 1.9 Million Votes Already Cast in Florida
- A Local Business Benefits from Gators and Florida Gulf Coast Pre-Game
- Flight From Florida Diverted To New York
- Corals transplanted from Florida lab to Atlantic waters