Florida man asleep at intersection flees police
Published August 17th, 2014
GREENACRES, Fla. - A sleeping driver awakened by police at a Florida intersection led authorities on a chase before being arrested in a gated community.
Reports say 21-year-old Joslet Jean-Charles was asleep behind the wheel of a 2003 Ford Taurus at a busy intersection in Greenacres, Florida, about 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
When a patrol car pulled in front of Jean-Charles, he awoke, drove around the police and fled. He abandoned the vehicle in front of the Waterway Village development.
Police did not initially find Jean-Charles, but arrested him at an address found on a bill inside the car.
He was charged with fleeing and eluding, operating without a license, resisting arrest and a probation violation. He remains in Palm Beach County Jail with a $7,000 bail. It wasn't known if he had a lawyer.
- Police: Gainesville Man Attempts To Flee Officers, Hits Police Car
- Man Flees After Crashing into Police Cruiser
- Fleeing Man Run Over by DeLand Officer
- Police: Maine Man Owed Murdered Florida Firefighter $3,000
- Florida Man Arrested for Impersonating Police Officer
- Two Missing Children Found Safe, Asleep in a Car
- Sewage Line Breaks, Causes Raw Sewage to Spill onto Intersection
- Black Bear Spotted Near Busy Intersection
- Suspect Arrested After Fleeing From Police
- Man Arrested for Riding on Three Tires and Fleeing Accident