Technology Spotlight 3/30/10 "Glaucoma Medication"
Glaucoma is called "the sneak thief of sight." But some have a vision for treating it. Their solution involves a not-so-simple contact lens.
People are often prescribed medication in the form of eye drops to treat glaucoma. But researchers here in North Central Florida think they have a better way to apply the medicine.
In The Technology Spotlight, Anuj Chauhan, Ph.D., associate professor of chemical engineering at the University of Florida, explains to TV 20's David Snyder how a special contact lens infused with Vitamin E could someday help people with glaucoma see clearly.
- Technology Spotlight 11/9/10 "Medical Sterilization Process"
- "Tina" Trains Medical Professionals
- Medical Spotlight 3/29/10 "Incontinence Sling"
- Medical Spotlight 4/12/10 "Cord Blood Stem Cells"
- Medical Spotlight 4/19/10 "Matching Stem Cell Donors"
- Medical Spotlight 4/26/10 "Robotic Gastric Bypass Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 5/3/10 "Nursing Shortage"
- Medical Spotlight 5/10/10 "Brain Tumor Treatment"
- Medical Spotlight 5/17/10 "Airstrip OB"
- Medical Spotlight 5/24/10 "Youth Sports Injuries"