Technology Spotlight 3/9/10
Its a legal axiom that you can't yell "fire" in a crowded room. But, what if its a chat room? The courts have not fully worked out all the questions of free speech in a rapidly- expanding age of technology.
In January... a student from Nashville was expelled for making threats against his high school. Those threats were made on the social networking website "Facebook." A current University of Florida student has filed a lawsuit against her high school principal, who suspended her when she created a webpage complaining about one of her teachers.
In the Technology Spotlight, Doctor Clay Calvert with the University of Florida's Marion Brechner First Amendment Project explains to TV 20's David Snyder how First Amendment rights are still being worked out on the web.
- Technology Spotlight 11/1/11 "Natural Language Processing"
- Technology Spotlight 10/11/11 "Ocoos.com"
- Technology Spotlight 10/18/11 "50 Events In 50 Weeks"
- Technology Spotlight 10/25/11 "Socialcise.us"
- Technology Spotlight 9/27/11 "Innovation Hub"
- Technology Spotlight 10/4/11 "The Subjugator"
- Technology Spotlight 9/13/11 "High Tech Deputies"
- Technology Spotlight 9/20/11 "peerFit" Web App
- Technology Spotlight 8/30/11 "Mobile Music Apps"
- Technology Spotlight 9/6/11 "UF Then and Now"