Technology Spotlight 3/8/11 "Honey Bee Nesting Sites"
Those honey bees that traditionally reappear this time of year in florida are losing their sting. Their decline in numbers is really bad news for agriculture, including our state's lucrative citrus industry.
But there may be a replacement waiting in the wings. In the Technology Spotlight, Jason Graham of UF's Honey Bee Research Lab shows TV 20's David Snyder how a unique device you can find all over town is helping researchers understand how to get the most out of an old friend.
- Busy Bees (National Honey Bee Awareness Week)
- UF Buzzing about Honey Bee Research
- Effects of Pesticides on Honey Bees
- Putnam Co. Beekeeper Accused of Stealing Bees, Honey From Competitors
- Technology Spotlight 3/23/10 "Celebration of Innovation Showcase"
- Technology Spotlight 3/30/10 "Glaucoma Medication"
- Technology Spotlight 4/6/10 "RedOx Fuel Cells"
- Technology Spotlight 4/13/10 "Accounting Gone Viral"
- Technology Spotlight 4/20/10 "Exploding Fullerenes"
- Technology Spotlight 4/27/10 "Trailer Invention"