8 More Bodies Found on Capsized Ship Costa Concordia
Divers searching the capsized Costa Concordia cruise ship found eight bodies yesterday.
The search took place on one of the passenger decks. Four of the bodies have been recovered, one being a 5 year old Italian girl.
Because of worsening weather, the divers were not able to remove the other four bodies.
The operation will resume today if the seas are calm enough.
The bodies were transferred to a hospital for identification, which could take days. Survivors told rescuers that some gathered at this location to await evacuation.
The death toll, which includes those missing (presumed dead) and bodies already recovered, stands at 32.
- Italian Divers Find 4 More Ship Bodies
- Cruise Ship Stranded in Indian Ocean
- 103 Bodies Found After India Ferry Capsizes
- Revised Italian Cruise Lawsuit Adds New Plaintiffs
- Death at Sea-Cruise Ship
- Woman Vanishes from Cruise Ship
- Fire Breaks Out on Cruise Ship
- Crippled Ship Being Towed to Land
- Navy Ships Recover More than $95 Million in Drugs
- Life Boat on Cruise Ship Kills Crew