Egypt's Mubarak Declines Chance to Address Court
CAIRO (AP) - Egypt's ousted President Hosni Mubarak has turned down the chance to address the court on the last session before the verdict in his seven-month trial.
He is accused of complicity in the killing of protesters during the uprising that overthrew him last year. More than 800 are reported to have died during the violence.
"I have no comment. What the lawyer said is enough," Mubarak told the judge Wednesday.
Mubarak's defense team argues that he is still president, and thus can only be tried for treason or in a special court.
The prosecution is asking for the death sentence for Mubarak. The judge is expected to decide later in the session on a date for the verdict.
- Reactions to Terry Jones' Role in the Ongoing Libyan Crisis
- US Sees Chance for Diplomacy to Work in Iran Talks
- Governor Scott Touts Job Growth at Annual 'State of the State' Address
- Stadium Decision Hurts Miami's Super Bowl Chances
- Gainesville Church Attracts Controversy with Judgement Day Event
- Court's Net Neutrality Ruling Could Hurt Startup Companies
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Has First Appearance in Court
- Duckett family's suit to be tried federal court
- Miller's Missed Court Date
- Court: Florida Man Can't Be Held As Sex Offender