Forty-Five Injured In Canadian Train Wreck
Three people were killed in a train derailment near Burlington, Canada, yesterday.
All six cars derailed as the train headed from Niagara to Toronto.
A spokesman for Via Rail Canada said two train engineers and an engineer trainee were killed.
Another 45 people were sent to hospitals.
The spokesman says three of them had severe injuries, including a broken leg, a back injury and a heart attack.
He said the train took a diverging track and hit some parked frieght cars on the side of the track.
An investigation is underway.
- Santa Fe Student Dies In Wreck On 301
- Fatal Train Wreck
- New Baseball Spring Training Initiative
- Five Eastside High School Students Win Nasa's Student Astronaut Challenge
- Five Injured After SUV Overturns On I-75 In Alachua County
- 8/6/12 Fitzness Minute: Suspension Band Training
- Driver Killed in Collision with Train
- 9/30/13 Fitzness Minute: Rope Training
- SUV Hits Train Near Morriston; Nine People Injured
- New Hampshire Shooting Kills Police Chief and Injures Four Officers