Vietnam Asks for Help with Mystery Illness
HANOI, Vietnam- Vietnam has asked international health experts to help investigate a mystery illness that has killed 19 people and sicked 171 others.
The infection has mostly affected children and young people.
It begins with a high fever, loss of appetite, and a rash that covers the hands and feet.
Patients who are not treated early can develop liver problems and eventually face multi-organ failure.
Nearly 100 people remain hospitalized, including 10 in critical condition.
The illness responds well to treatment if detected early, but 29 patients have been reinfected.
- Mysterious Horse Illness
- Bomb Suspect Influenced by Mysterious Radical
- New Beds, New Initiatives to Help Mentally Ill Inmates
- Medical Spotlight: Mosquito-Borne Illnesses
- Protesters in Orlando Against Animal Treatment at SeaWorld
- Gainesville Woman Asks For Help Distributing Haiti Relief Supplies
- Venezuelan Protesters Ask Governor Scott For Help
- Family Spotlight 10/14/10 "Helping The Mentally ill"
- Rocket Launches Carrying Satellite to Help Soldiers in Afghanistan
- Britain and France Urge Help for Syrian Opposition