Fatal Crash in Nigeria
In international news this morning, Nigeria's president has declared three days of national mourning after a commercial airliner crashed yesterday killing everyone on board.
The domestic airliner was flying from the Nigerian capital when it went down in a densely populated neighborhood killing all 153 people on board as well as others on the ground.
The plane slammed into a woodworking studio and tore through roofs, a printing press, and at least two large apartment buildings in the neighborhood before stopping.
Rescue officials have not been able to determine how many people on the ground may have been killed.
The cause of the crash has not yet been determined, but a military official says the plane's pilots radioed a nearby tower just before the crash took place saying the plane engine was having trouble.
- UPDATE: Homeowner Describes Williston Fatal Plane Crash
- UPDATE: Local Pilot In Disbelief After Williston Fatal Plane Crash
- Family of 6 Killed in Fatal Plane Crash
- Plane Crashes in Pakistan with 127 Onboard
- Malaysian Airlines Plane Crash in Ukraine
- Fatal Car Crash
- Driver Arrested For Fatal Crash
- Fatal Car Crashes up since 2009
- Fatal Motorcycle Crash
- Fatal School Bus Crash