Florida Highway Trooper Killed
MIAMI (AP) - A Florida Highway Patrol trooper has been killed in Haiti.
Authorities said Trooper Jean Barthelus was fatally shot Friday night in Port Au Prince. He was an eight year veteran of the force. Barthelus was based in Miami.
It's unclear what prompted the shooting. No other details were immediately available.
Barthelus left behind a wife and daughter.
- Car Bomb kills 37, Wounds 141 in Southern Pakistan
- Suicide Bomb Shootings Kill Nine in Northern Iraq
- Rivers Receding in Calgary After Flooding Kills Three
- Funeral Services For FHP Trooper Chelsea Richard Being Held Thursday
- Troopers Ticketing Aggressive Driving
- FHP Trooper Remembered By Family At Funeral
- Funeral Services For Fallen FHP Trooper
- The Florida Highway Patrol Increases Patrols For "Staying Alive On I-75" Initiative
- Florida Funeral Planned for US Officer Killed in Kabul
- Lake City Police Officer Shoots, Kills Armed Driver at DUI Checkpoint