Pollution in London
Allergists warn that London's air pollution could cause breathing problems for Olympic athletes.
One specialist say the amount of nitrogen dioxide in London is comparable to the level in Beijing before the Chinese government banned half the cars there in preparation for the 2008 games.
Doctor William Silvers warns that athletes, particularly marathon runners, with asthma or other exercise-induced respiratory problems could have trouble.
- Flu Widespread, California Gets the Chills, and China Capital Pollution Spike.
- Gator Marching Band Heading to London for Olympics
- Mitt Romney Doesn't Impress London
- Massive Mexican Meth Bust
- The Pope's Final Speech
- Two Years Since Deadly Earthquake and Tsunami Hit Japan
- Store Owners Attack Robbers With Bear Spray
- Acclaimed Film Director Tony Scott Commits Suicide
- Senate Confirms Brennan as CIA Director
- Sibling Tourists Happy to be Home After Being Shipwrecked