Terror Threats In UK Continue
LONDON, United Kingdom- After a routine car stop in northern England turned up guns and other weapons, British police arrested seven men on suspicion of terrorism.
It's the third major security incident in Britain in two days; and the fourth this week.
On Thursday, officers in London detained six other terror suspects in sweeps including one on a residence close to London's olympic park.
Police insist that the 13 arrests in recent days do not involve threats to The Olympics set to begin in 3 weeks.
But officials are taking no chances , fighter jets are patrolling the skies and the London police are conducting mock emergency drills on land.
A British warship also is on olympic duty.
It's the largest peace time deployment of the British military ever.
The 2012 Olympics are a security concern for any host city, but especially London where the streets and subways are always crowded..
- Athletes, Families Weigh Security Concerns Amid Sochi Terror Threats
- New Terror Plot Threat for Americans
- 2 Arrested in Canada Terror Plot
- France Imposes Terror Alert
- Police Standoff with Terror Suspect Enters 2nd Day
- McDonald's Creates Olympic Sized Restuarant
- Sochi Olympic Games: Search for 'Black Widow' suicide bomber
- Obama Pledges Continued Pressure on Syria
- Standoff Continues in France
- North Korea Continues Nuclear Testing