There are multiple victims in a shooting in the town of Bell. We have confirmed there are deaths.
STANLEY, Falkland Islands (AP) - Britain is hoping a referendum on the status of the Falkland Islands will push the United States and other neutral governments off the fence in its territorial dispute with Argentina over the remote South Atlantic archipelago.
Just 1,650 voters are registered to cast secret ballots Sunday and Monday, with election observers on hand from Canada, Mexico, the U.S., Paraguay, Uruguay, Chile and New Zealand.
Islanders face a simple yes-or-no question: Should the territory keep its current status as a self-governing overseas territory of the United Kingdom?"
Islanders expect the answer to be overwhelmingly in favor of British governance and protection. They hope will put their own self-determination at the center of any debate about their future in the face of Argentine claims to the islands.
- Commissioners Delay Yankee Stadium Referendum
- Alachua County Referendums Results
- Columbia County Referendum Results
- Annexation Referendum Gets Mixed Review From Alachua County Residents
- Munroe Hospital Tax Referendum
- Massive Mexican Meth Bust
- Two Years Since Deadly Earthquake and Tsunami Hit Japan
- The Pope's Final Speech
- 50th Annual Fine Arts Festival in Cedar Key This Weekend
- 62nd Florida Folk Festival This Weekend